Assumption University of Thailand envisions itself as:
- An international community of scholars
- Enlivened by Christian inspiration
- Engaged in the pursuit of Truth and Knowledge
- Serving human society, especially through the creative use of interdisciplinary approaches and cybertechnology
Vision 2000 for The Assumption University Graduates
Assumption University of Thailand envisions its graduates as:
- Healthy and open-minded persons, characterized by personal integrity, an independent mind, and creative thinking
- Professionally competent, willing to exercise responsible leadership for economic progress in a just society
- Able to communicate effectively with people from other nations and to participate in globalization
Message from the President
Assumption University has been providing education to the youth of the Thai and other nations since 1969. The University employs English as the official medium of instruction and has formal links and cooperation agreements with a large network of international institutions of higher learning for scholastic exchange and research programs.
The University is administered by the Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel, a worldwide Catholic Religious Order devoted to education and philanthropic activities. The Congregation operates 15 educational institutions in Thailand.
The University has a student body of about 19,870 including a fairly large complement of foreign students drawn from 75 countries of the world. It also has a high caliber faculty, a truly international community of scholars and professionals representing diverse academic disciplines, different fields of business and many government organs and these arrangements help considerably in bringing students into close touch with pragmatic aspects of life.
Rev. Bro. Bancha Saenghiran, f.s.g. Ph. D.
In loyalty to its Christian mission, Assumption University stands for
- The inculcation of respect for the three institutions of the Nation: Religion, Country, the King and a democratic way of life.
- The belief that a man justifies himself and his existence by the nobility of his work: LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
- The commitment to be a light that leads men towards the true source of all knowledge and life: LUX VERITAS
Objectives and Policies
Assumption University exists for the main purpose of serving the nation by providing scientific and humanistic knowledge, particularly in the business education and management science through research and interdisciplinary approaches.
To this end it aims at forming intellectually competent graduates who :
- Are morally sound, committed to acting justly, and open to further growth.
- Appreciate freedom of expression, imbibe right attitudes and ideologies through a carefully integrated curriculum of Ethics, Science, Languages and Business Management.
- Achieve academic excellence through hard work, critical thinking, and effective decision-making.